Tuesday, November 17, 2020

20 Years Ago Today at 924 Gilman Street

Someone else on the Gilman booking staff was doing a bad job putting this show together, so I stepped in about 2-3 weeks before it was to take place.  He was unhappy about me taking over, but it only took me five minutes of brainstorming to finish a show that he had done nothing with for the past two months. Unfortunately, this was probably the most violent show I did that entire year. Multiple fights happened outside the club. Several kids jumped future investigative reporter Shane Bauer in the bathroom for no reason. Some Nazi skinhead kid even tried to steal the keys to TOXIC NARCOTIC’s van during their set! However, the combined effort of myself and the local bands got approximately 250 people to come to a show that only had a few weeks of promotion, so that was cool. How does one have a difficult time setting up a TOXIC NARCOTIC show anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment