Monday, March 2, 2020

Andre the Giant Has a Posse

I’m sure everybody remembers these “Andre the Giant Has a Posse” stickers from the early ‘90s. You better believe that I considered myself a member of said posse, even though I was never able to get any of those stickers for myself. These stickers jumped the shark when it seemed like everybody and their mother came out with stickers of their own featuring anyone from Charles Darwin to Tattoo the Midget from Fantasy Island, but that’s how it goes in life and art. I wonder if Shepard Fairey would be okay with me or someone else bringing these back on some level because I always loved seeing them posted everywhere I went. Believe it or not, the WWF actually threatened Shepard with a trademark lawsuit over the stickers in 1994!

No comments:

Post a Comment